Changing the System Administrator Login
By default, the login for the system administrator for SmarterMail is admin/admin.
While this is easy to remember, it is also fairly easy to guess. When installing
SmarterMail for the first time, you will be required to change this password during
the setup wizard. Here are instructions in the manner you would want to change the
system administrator password again.
- Login as the administrator with the current login.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Choose General Settings in the left tree view.
- Click on the Administrator tab.
- Enter the current password for verification.
- Enter a new username and password (avoid using an email address for the username).
- Click on Save icon.
Resetting an Unknown Login
For instructions on how to reset an administrator login when the current login is
unknown, please see the KB article How To - Reset an Administrator Username and Password.