System administrators can use this section to manage the servers in SmarterStats.
To access this section, click the settings icon. Then click Manage Servers
in the navigation pane. A list of the servers will load in the content pane.
To add a new server, click New in the content pane toolbar. To edit an existing
server's settings, select the desired server and click Edit in the content pane
toolbar. The server settings will load in a new window and the following tabs will be available:
Use this tab to specify the following options:
- Server ID - The unique identifier for the server.
- Server IP - The IP address associated with the server.
- Server Name - The friendly name for the server.
Use this tab to specify the following importing options:
- Import Time of Day - The start and end times the sever should be importing
- Session Timeout - The minutes between when one session counts as a separate
session or the time of inactivity between website hits before one session becomes
another. For example, if the session timeout is set to 30 minutes and a visitor hits the site and doesn't visit another page of the site until 40 minutes later, this would be considered a new visit.
- Debug Level - The level of detail kept in the service log file. This should
remain at normal unless instructed to change it by a SmarterTools representative/.
- Max Sessions Per Site - The number of concurrent sessions tracked when the
server is importing log files. This setting should not be changed.
- Server Profile - The amount of CPU used to process statistics. For more information, refer to the KB article How To - Configure SmarterStats to Use More/Less System Resources.