Companies with different divisions may want to use SmarterTrack to manage all company communications. To do this, each division is set up as a different brand in the system. Features that support branding include tickets, live chats, knowledge base articles, news items and the portal interface. Departments can also be assigned to support specific brands.
To access this section, click the settings icon. Then expand the System Settings and Organization foldesr and click Brands in the navigation pane. Any brands associated to your company will load in the content pane.
In general, the following columns are available:
- Checkbox - Use these boxes to select multiple brands. Brands must be selected before choosing an action from the toolbar.
- Brand Name - The name of the brand.
- Host Header - The host header to which a brand is assigned.
The following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- New - Creates a new brand.
- Edit - Allows the administrator to make changes to a brand's settings.
- Delete - Permanently deletes the selected brand(s).
To view the settings for a specific brand, simply double-click the brand. The brand settings will load in the content window and the following tabs will be available:
Use this tab to edit the following settings:
- Brand Name - The name of the brand.
- Portal Tab Text - The text that appears on the first portal tab.
- Logo Navigate URL - The company's website URL.
- Company Logo - The company's logo.
- Display logo on portal - Checking this box will display the company logo on the main portal page.
- Color Scheme - To specify the color scheme for the portal, select the appropriate option from the list.
- Welcome Message - The text displayed on the portal home page (often a welcome message or a description of the types of resources customers might find on the portal).
Use this tab to display an announcement on the portal home page. For example, some companies may choose to write a welcome message or a description of the types of services customers might find on the self-service portal.
Use this tab to edit mail settings for brand-level notifications:
- Email Address - The email address from which brand messages are sent.
- Friendly Name - The name used to identify the mail server. This field is optional.
- SMTP Server - The outgoing SMTP server name.
- SMTP Server Port - The port used to connect to the SMTP Server. By default, the SMTP Server port is 25.
- Enable secure sockets layer (SSL) - Check this box if the connection to the SMTP server must be SSL.
- Enable SMTP authentication - Check this box if SMTP authentication is required to send mail from this email address.
- Auth Username - The identifier used to authenticate with the SMTP server.
- New Password - The corresponding password used to authenticate with the SMTP server.
- Confirm Password - Retype the password used to authenticate with the SMTP server.
Host headers allow a Web server to host more than one Web site domain over a single IP address. In SmarterTrack, the host header will be used to identify which brand is displayed in the portal. For more information, see the KB article How To - Create Host Headers for Use with Brands. Note: Host headers cannot be edited after the brand is created.
Each host header has one or more related URLs—the URL that the visitor sees in the browser's address bar when they are visiting a website. To ensure that visitors to the related URLs are tracked in Who's On, type the URLs in this field.
- Track portal visitors in Who's On - Checking this box will include portal visitors in the Who's On count.
This tab displays the available custom fields for brand settings. For more information on custom fields, see Field Definitions.
Use this tab to specify the following map settings:
- Map Provider - Select which map provider SmarterTrack will use from the list. Microsoft Bing Maps is the default map provider.
- Enable - Checking thos box will enable the map provider.
- Map URL - The default URL for the selected map provider.
- Provider Key - The API key provided by Google. For more information, see the KB article How To - Set Google Maps as the Map Provider for Live Chats and Who's On