This feature is only available to administrators using SmarterTrack Enterprise.
SmarterTrack's survey feature allows companies to solicit customer feedback that will give managers a better perspective into customer satisfaction and loyalty. Obtaining customer feedback in a timely and useable format helps to ensure that the company is meeting and exceeding customer expectations and gives insight into key changes that should be made to improve the overall success of the company.
To view or manage surveys in the system, click the settings icon. Then expand the System Settings and Setup folders and click Surveys in the navigation pane. A list of surveys will load in the content pane.
In general, the following columns are available:
- Checkbox - Use these boxes to select multiple surveys. Surveys must be selected before choosing an action from a toolbar.
- Name - The name of the survey.
- Surveys Offered - The number of times the survey has been offered to customers.
- Surveys Answered - The number of times customers completed the survey.
In general, the following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- New - Creates a new survey.
- View - Click this button and select the appropriate option to refresh the page.
- Refresh - Refreshes the page.
- Delete - Permanently deletes the selected surveys and any associated survey results.
To view a survey, simply click a survey and it will display in the preview pane. If you would rather view the survey in a popup window, double-click the survey instead. Note: Double-clicking a survey also enables you to edit the survey.
In general, the following options are available from the preview pane toolbar:
- Edit - Edits the survey contents.
- Delete - Permanently deletes the selected survey and any associated survey results.
Creating New Surveys
To create a new survey, click the surveys icon and click All Surveys in the navigation pane. Then click New in the content pane toolbar. This will open the survey editor, which the agent will use to create the new survey. For step-by-step instructions on how to create a survey, see the KB article How To - Create a Survey.
This tab allows the agent to specify basic information regarding the survey. The available options are:
- Survey Name - Type the name of the survey in this field.
- Header Text - Type survey instructions or welcome message in this field. The text will appear at the top of the survey.
- Thank You Text - Type a closing message in this field. This customer will see this text after successfully submitting the survey.
This tab allows agents to create, edit, or modify the order of survey questions. If the agent is editing a survey, a list of the current questions will load in the content pane.
In general, the following columns are available to the agent:
- Checkbox - Use these boxes to select multiple questions. Questions must be selected before choosing an action from the actions toolbar.
- Move - Use these arrows to modify the order of survey questions.
- Question - The question text.
- Question Type - Options include short answer, long answer, single selection, multiple selection, yes/no, and rating.
- Weight - A number assigned to each question that signifies the importance of the question. Questions with a higher weight are deemed more important and responses to such questions have a greater influence on the overall survey score.
The following options are available from the survey editor toolbar:
- Save - Saves the survey.
- Add Question - Adds a new question to the survey.
- Edit - Edits the selected question.
- Delete - Permanently deletes the selected question(s).