Scheduled Email Reports
This feature is available in Enterprise Edition only
The Enterprise edition of SmarterStats has the ability to email standard and custom
reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Daily email reports are sent at 8:00 AM the next day.
- Weekly email reports are sent at 8:00 AM every Monday.
- Monthly email reports are sent at 8:00 AM of the first day of the month.
The reports are generated and sent by SmarterStats according to the time zone configured
for that particular site. This gives the Web server a solid opportunity to flush
all log files out and allows the system to import the previous day's log file before
generating the report. Note: The time zone is configured during the initial site
setup, but can be changed by logging in as the site administrator and editing the
site importing settings. In addition, system administrators have the ability to change the default time that reports are sent after.
Sheduling Email Reports
Follow these steps to automatically email reports on a regular basis:
- Log in as a site administrator or end user.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the My Settings folder and click Scheduled Email Reports in the navigation pane. A list of existing scheduled email reports will load in the content pane.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- In the Custom Report field, select the desired custom report from the list.
- In the Frequency field, select how often the report should be emailed to recipients.
- Type the email addresses of the recipients in the To field. Separate multiple addresses with a semicolon.
- Click Save.
Email reports are only sent if there is data available in the report. Blank reports
are not sent so if no data is available a scheduled email will not be sent.
To see which reports are scheduled to be emailed, click the Settings icon.
Then expand the My Settings folder and click Scheduled Email Reports in the
navigation pane. A list of scheduled email reports will load in the content pane
and the following options will be available in the content pane toolbar:
- New - Creates a new scheduled email report.
- Edit - Edits the email options for the report.
- Actions - Click this button and choose the appropriate option to send the
selected email report(s) immediately.
- Delete - Permanently removes the selected report(s) from the emailed reports
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.