System administrators can use this section to manage the servers that have been added to SmarterStats.
To access this section, click the Settings icon. Then click Servers in the navigation pane. A list of the active servers will load in the content pane. If the SmarterStats installation utilizes a remote service that's been added to one or more external servers, the servers will be listed along with the primary Management and Reporting Server. However, some may see a single server listed.
The details for each server will be shown, including it's ID, the nubmer of sites that are on the server, it's primary IP address, the Build number of the version of SmarterStats on the server and that Build's date.
In addition, several buttons are at the top of the page. These include:
- New - Adds a new server to SmarterStats.
- Edit - Edits the server settings.
- Delete - Permanently removes the selected server(s) from SmarterStats.
- Refresh - Refreshes the list of servers. This will only be used in installations where the Remote Service is also being distributed.
- Run Diagnostics - Select this option if you suspect one or more files may
have gotten corrupted. SmarterStats will run an automated diagnostic of all files
required for this server.
Adding a New Server
To add a new server, click New in the content pane toolbar. To edit an existing
server's settings, select the desired server and click Edit in the content pane
toolbar. The server settings will load in a new window and the following tabs will be available:
Use this tab to specify the following options:
- Server ID - The unique identifier for the server.
- Server IP - The IP address associated with the server.
- Server Name - The friendly name given to the server.
Use this tab to specify the following importing options:
- Import Time of Day - The start and end times the sever should be importing
- Session Timeout - The minutes between when one session counts as a separate
session or the time of inactivity between website hits before one session becomes
another. For example, if the session timeout is set to 30 minutes and a visitor hits the site and doesn't
visit another page of the site until 40 minutes later, this would be considered a new visit.
- Max Sessions Per Site - The number of concurrent sessions tracked when the
server is importing log files. This setting should not be changed.
- Debug Level - The level of detail kept in the service log file. This should
remain at normal unless instructed to change it by a SmarterTools representative/.
- Resource Usage - The amount of CPU used to process statistics. For more information, refer to
the KB article
Configure SmarterStats to Use More/Less System Resources.
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.