System administrators can use this section to manage the sites in SmarterStats.
To access this section, click the Settings icon then select Sites in the navigation pane.
The content pane displays all available details about the sites configured on the server. To examine a particular site, you can double click on it or select it from the list and click the Edit
In general, the following options are available:
- New - Adds a new site to SmarterStats.
- Edit - Edits the site settings.
- Delete - Permanently removes the selected site(s) from SmarterStats.
- View Site Stats - Opens the selected site's statistics in a new window. Note: This is also the same as impersonating a site administrator.
- Actions - Click this button and select one of the following options:
- Move Site - Moves the site statistics to another server supported by the
SmarterStats Web interface. Note: This option is only available in SmarterStats Enterprise.
Selecting this option will only move the SmarterLogs; it will not move the physical
site or its standard log files.
- Re-import Log Files - Deletes the SmarterLog files for the site and re-imports
them, starting with the earliest files.
- Reprocess Log Files - Reprocesses the log file data. Note: This does not re-import log files.
- Cancel Log Reprocessing - Stops the reprocessing of log file data.
- Run Diagnostics - Select this option if you suspect one or more files may
have gotten corrupted. SmarterStats will run an automated diagnostic of all files
required for this site.
Viewing an Individual Site
It's possible to view the various settings for individual sites in the list by double clicking it or selecting it and clicking the Edit button. Whichever you do, that site's settings will fill the content pane. When viewing a site's details, four (4) tabs are available: Options, Log Analysis, Site Tuning and Advanced. The first three (3) tabs are discussed in detail on the Site Defaults page. However, the Advanced tab is only available when viewing a specific site. Use this tab to set the following:
- Compress Log Files - The amount of time to wait before compressing original log files.
- Log File Auto-Delete - The maximum amount of time the original log files (those created by the Web server) should
- SmarterLog Auto-Delete - The maximum amount of time SmarterLog files should
be stored. SmarterLog files are in a compressed format, which allows you to store
a wider date range of logs versus saving the standard web server log files.
- Enable removal of URL items after semicolon (used for jsessionid) - Certains sites can generate logs where the page that SmarterStats tries to parse includes a semicolon with some extra information after it. Check this box to automatically remove this extra information when applicable.
- Default Documents - Type the default documents for the website in the text
box. Any hits to pages that match these filenames will be grouped into a root hit
instead. For example, if you enter default.aspx and index.htm, both of these pages
will register as page hits to "/".
For more information on adding or editing a site, see Adding
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.