Use this section to create global default settings that will be applied to new servers
added to SmarterStats. These default settings can be overwritten and are only intended
to avoid needless data entry. Using server defaults makes it especially easy for ISPs,
hosting providers or large enterprises that manage multiple websites across multiple servers to add those
servers quickly, easily and to ensure that settings are consistent across all of the servers
in their network. Note: Modifications to these settings will not affect
Using the Propagation button, System Administrators can apply Server Defaults to all of the servers in SmarterStats.
System admins can opt to propagate all settings, or select invidual settings to propagate. For example, if the Import Time of Day needs
to change, admins can ONLY propagate that one change.
To access the default server settings, click the Settings icon. Then click Server Defaults in the navigation pane. The
default server settings will load in the content pane and the following options
will be available:
- Import Time of Day - The start and end times the sever should be importing
- Session Timeout - The minutes between when one session counts as a separate
session, or the time of inactivity between website hits before one session becomes
- Max Sessions Per Site - The number of concurrent sessions tracked when the
server is importing log files. NOTE:This setting should not be changed.
- Debug Level - The level of detail kept in the service log file.
- Resource Usage - The amount of CPU used to process statistics. System administrators can modify this setting based on the type of server, the number of sites or other things that may affect log processing. For more information,
refer to the KB article Configure SmarterStats to Use More/Less System Resources.
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.