System administrators can use this section to specify general settings for SmarterStats
reports. To access this section, click the Settings icon and then click Report
Settings in the navigation pane. The report settings will load in the content
pane and the following options will be available in the content pane toolbar:
- Save - Saves any changes made on the page.
- Load Defaults - There are default values set for each item listed in Report
Settings that are available and that will accommodate the majority of servers running
SmarterStats. If, at any time, system admins want to revert to these default settings
they simply click this button.
The following tabs will be available in the content pane:
Use this tab to specify the following settings:
- Custom Report Limit - The maximum number of days for which users can retrieve
statistics when creating custom reports. Note: This option is only available in SmarterStats
- Max Items Per Report - Limits the number of report items that can be added
to one custom report. Note: This option is only available in SmarterStats Enterprise.
- DNS Threads - Depending on your computer's hardware configuration, it may
be beneficial to raise or lower how much processing it does by changing the maximum
number of IP addresses it resolves at one time. The default value of 100 will work
for most servers.
- DNS Lookup Limit - Allows you to set a limit on the number of resolved IP
addresses that are returned when an user checks the Resolve IPs option in their
settings. The higher the number of resolved IP addresses you allow, the longer those
report items will take to display, which also results in a higher load on your server.
Although SmarterStats automatically assigns file extensions to specific categories,
system administrators have the ability to reassign file extensions to different
categories. Use this tab to specify whether specific file extensions should be categorized
as downloads, documents, query variables or images.
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.