|These requirements are not applicable to those using the Hosted SmarterTrack Helpdesk.
SmarterTrack was designed to operate efficiently in shared, VPS or dedicated environments without any loss in functionality or performance based on the following requirements:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit or higher
- Microsoft .NET 4.7.2 Framework. (NOTE: SmarterTrack does not support .NET translation packs as they can break the database install/upgrade process. If you have translation packs installed, you will need to uninstall them, install or upgrade SmarterTrack, then re-install them.)
- 4GB RAM
- 2-core CPU
- 8GB minimum disk space, primarily for Microsoft SQL installation. If using MySQL, disk space requirements may be less.
- One of the following databases (64-bit):
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express or higher
- MySQL 5.7 or higher with InnoDB and a buffer pool size of at least 512M. MySQL variants, such as MariaDB will work as well.
- Dedicated IP Address
- Active internet connection
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 8.0 or higher
NOTE: SmarterTrack uses web sockets, which are not supported in IIS 7.5 or earlier. In addition, SmarterTrack does not install a default web server, therefore, an IIS site is required.
- Dedicated App Pool
- Minimal IIS Settings
- Application Development Features
- .NET Extensibility
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- WebSocket Protocol
- Common HTTP Features
- Default Documents
- Directory Browsing
- HTTP Errors
- Static Content
- Health and Diagnostics
- HTTP Logging
- Request Monitor
- Performance Features
- Static Content Compression
Note: Each installation and environment is unique. Extra load caused by excessive
tickets, chats, agent accounts, and/or other factors may require more disk space,
memory, database allocation, etc. than suggested in the online help. No warranty
or guarantee is expressed or implied as to the efficacy or viability of these recommendations
for a particular environment or application.
SmarteTrack and Azure
At this time, it's not recommended to install SmarterTrack on Azure. From our testing, Azure has a negative impact on the performance of SmarterTrack. For example, database connections are generally slow, which can negatively impact how quickly sections of SmarterTrack load, how quickly actions can be performed and more.
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.