|These requirements are not applicable to those using Hosted SmarterTrack.
SmarterTrack was designed to operate efficiently in shared, VPS, or dedicated environments without any loss in functionality or performance based on the following requirements:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit or higher
- Microsoft .NET 4.7.2 Framework. NOTE: SmarterTrack does not support .NET translation packs as they can break the database install/upgrade process. If you have translation packs installed, you will need to uninstall them, then install or upgrade SmarterTrack. After this, you can re-install the translation packs.
- 4GB RAM
- 2-core CPU
- 8GB minimum disk space, primarily for Microsoft SQL installation. If using MySQL, disk space requirements may be less.
- One of the following databases (64-bit):
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express or higher
- MySQL 5.7 or higher with InnoDB and a buffer pool size of at least 512M. MySQL variants, such as MariaDB will work as well.
- Dedicated IP address
- Active internet connection
- IIS 8.0 or higher. SmarterTrack uses web sockets, which are not supported in earlier versions of IIS.
- Dedicated App Pool
- SSL certificate. While not "technically" a requirement for SmarterTrack to run, SSL is now a standard for any website that's available on the internet. Free certificates generated using something like Let's Encrypt or Certify the Web work perfectly well for securing your SmarterTrack portal and management interface.
- Minimal IIS Settings
- Application Development Features
- .NET Extensibility
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- WebSocket Protocol
- Common HTTP Features
- Default Documents
- Directory Browsing
- HTTP Errors
- Static Content
- Health and Diagnostics
- HTTP Logging
- Request Monitor
- Performance Features
- Static Content Compression
Note: Each installation and environment is unique. Extra load caused by excessive
tickets, chats, agent accounts, and/or other factors may require more disk space,
memory, database allocation, etc. than those suggested. No warranty
or guarantee is expressed or implied as to the efficacy or viability of these recommendations
for a particular environment or application.
SmarteTrack and Azure
At this time, it's not recommended to install SmarterTrack on Azure. From our testing, Azure has a negative impact on the performance of SmarterTrack. For example, database connections are generally slow, which can negatively impact how quickly sections of SmarterTrack load, how quickly actions can be performed, and more.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.