Creating New Call Logs
To create a new call log, click the New button in the Navigator and then select Call Log from the dropdown. Alternatively, an agent can click on the New button in the call log content pane. Regardless of the method used, a new call log window will open that the agent will use. Note: For companies using SmarterTrack Communicator, call logs can be configured to start automatically when a call comes in. In addition, if companies have integrated SmarterTrack with their existing VoIP system, call logs can be configured to begin automatically using the extensive web services.
The new call log window contains all of the call log information (custom fields, related items, and resources), plus the compose tab, which the agent will use to create the call log.
The following fields will appear in the header of the call log. Note: When automating a call log, some of these fields may be auto-populated based on the fields available from the phone server. Agents using SmarterTrack Communicator will have phone number, start and end times, subject and a recording of the call added to each call log automatically. In addition, the call recordings associated to call logs will be compressed after 7 days of inactivity to reduce disk space and reduce the number of files on the server.
- Brand - The primary brand the call log should be created for.
- Group - The Group to assign the call log to, then the agent that is creating the log for the appropriate group. While a Group is required, it is possible for the ticket to be auto-assigned to an agent using whatever distribution method is in place for the Group.
- Agent - The Agent creating the call log, or the Agent to be assigned the call log.
- Incoming Call - Check this box to indicate that the call was an incoming call.
- Subject - The title of the call log.
- Email - The email address of the customer.
- Phone - The phone number of the customer.
- Name - The name of the customer.
- Duration - The date and time the call started and ended.
- Call Details - The details and notes for a call log can be entered in the text box. These notes can in plain text or agents can use the text editor to stylize text, add links to websites, highlight important details and more.
The following options are available in the toolbar of the new call log window:
- Save - Saves the contents of the call log.
- Add - Allows the agent to attach an attachment, a new task, time log, ticket or related item to the call log. For more information on these options, see Viewing Call Logs.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.