Canned Replies Overview
Canned replies are predefined responses for frequently asked questions that can be used to
quickly and efficiently respond to tickets and live chats. For example, if a company is experiencing some service interruption, a canned response can be created by management that discretely relays information about the outage, ETA for the service resuming, where to go for more information and more. This makes it easy for front line agents to quickly disseminate information to end users, especially at times when call, ticket and chat volumes can be higher than normal.
To access canned replies, log into the management interface with your agent account. Then click on the Canned Replies icon. All of the canned
replies in the root folder that are assigned to a department you belong to will
load in the content pane. To view the canned replies that are assigned to your agent account, click on Assigned to Me in the navigation pane.
Navigating Canned Replies
In general, the following details are available for each canned reply in the content pane:
- Title - The title of the canned reply.
- Folder - The location of the canned reply.
- Assigned To - The agent or department to which the canned reply is assigned.
This determines which agents or departments have access to the canned reply.
- Flags - Whether the canned reply is flagged as a draft or not.
Performing Canned Reply Actions
In gneral the following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- New - Creates a new canned reply in the selected folder.
- Actions - Click this button and select the appropriate option to select all
canned replies, move canned replies, copy canned replies or change the status of
- Select All - Selects all canned replies in the content pane.
- Delete - Deletes the selected knowledge base articles. For more information,
see Deleting Canned Replies.
- Mark - Click this button and select the appropriate option to change the
status of (or "flag") the selected canned reply(s).
- Public - Marks the canned reply as public. Public canned replies are visible
to administrators and agents.
- Draft - Marks the article as a draft. Drafts are only visible to administrators
- Move - Moves the selected canned reply(s) to another folder.
- Copy - Copies the selected canned reply(s) to another folder.
- View - Refresh - Click this button to force a refresh of the canned replies displayed in the content pane.
Using Canned Replies
As mentioned, Canned Replies can be inserted into ticket replies as well as during a Live Chat. Regardless of where you use Canned Replies, they're inserted into replies the same way:
- When in a live chat or replying to a ticket, click the Actions (...) menu.
- From the dropdown menu, click Insert Canned Reply. This will load the Canned Replies modal window which lists the available canned replies you can use.
- Click on the Title of the canned reply you want and its contents will load. To insert it into your chat, simply click the Insert button. (Alternatively, you can double-click the desired canned reply and it will be pasted into your messages text box.)
- If need be, you also have the ability to edit the canned reply prior to inserting it into your live chat.
- Once the reply has been added, you can add to it or simply send it along as your response.
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.