Viewing Knowledge Base Articles
To view a knowledge base article, simply click an article and it will display in
the preview pane. If you would rather view the article in a popup window, double-click
the article instead. Note: Double-clicking an article also enables you to edit the
In general, the following options are available from the preview pane toolbar:
- Edit - Edits the selected article.
- Transfer - Transfers the ticket to a new agent.
- Add - Click this button and select the appropriate option to add a comment or rating to an article.
- Actions - If any manual events are available or knowledge base articles, they will appear in this menu.
- View in Portal - Loads the selected knowledge base article in the portal.
Viewing the article in the portal allows agents to see the layout of the article
as portal visitors will see it.
- Delete - Deletes the selected article. For more information, see
Deleting Knowledge Base Articles.
Tabs within an Article
Article information is organized within the following tabs:
- Content - The text of the knowledge base article.
- Comments - The internal comments made on the knowledge base article.
- Feedback - The feedback left by readers of the article.
- Broken Links - This lists any links contained within the the article that are "broken". That is, any links that return errors when they're clicked on, such as a 404 or "Not Found" error.
- Translations - The linked translations of the article.
Viewing Articles by Status
Occasionally, agents and administrators may want to view all articles that are marked
as drafts or that need reviewed. To view articles by status, click the knowledge
base icon, then select he desired status, such as Drafts, Review or Stale, from the navigation pane. All articles with the selected status will load in the content pane.
Viewing Articles by Brand
To view articles by brand, click the knowledge base icon, click on the Brand
dropdown above the navigation pane and select the desired brand. All articles assigned to the
selected brand will load in the content pane.
Viewing Deleted Articles
Deleted articles can be found using Advanced Search. Here, you can search only deleted items based on a few key words and potentially find the deleted article.
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.