The practice of routinely generating and evaluating reports provides the business intelligence that companies need to uncover problems, establish policies and accurately measure results. SmarterTrack helps managers spot trends and improve employee performance with powerful reports that can be emailed on a regularly scheduled basis to a targeted audience.
Each report has a number of options that are available to help further customize the data that is returned in a report as well as modify how that report data is presented. In general, the following options are available at the top of the content pane for each report:
- Generate Report - Re-runs any report using the configured options.
- Email - Allows an agent to send a specific report to a number of recipients.
- Export - Allows an agent to export the data contained in a report in either tab delimited or comma separated value (CSV) format.
- Set Dates - Allows an agent to utilizes a pre-selected set of dates for a report. By default, the last 7 days is used for all reports when they initially load.
- Print - Allows an agent to print out a report.
The following options allow the individual viewing a report to modify how data is presented. Some reports may offer all of these options while others may offer a smaller set of options based on the type of data returned.
- Date Range - Allows an agent to select a custom date range for each report.
- Chart - Allows an agent to select the type of chart that represents the data presented.
- Sort - Changes the sort order of the data presented and presents which column to use for the sort.
- Group By - Selects how the data is grouped together in the report. Examples include by hour, by week or by day.
- Filter - Filters can be applied to help narrow down how data is presented in a report. For example, for trend reports agents can filter data based on department, group or agent. Summary reports can filtered at an even more granular level.
- Rows - Most reports offer a Rows selector. This is to specify how many rows of data to return for that report. SmarterTrack reports will only return the number of rows you specify, and does not use pagination or any other method to "hide" or over-return results. This is done for a couple of reasons: 1) Returning ALL information that falls within a specific timeframe could take an inordinate amount of time for the information to be displayed, especially for larger installations, and 2) pagination can't be reflected in email reports. Since almost all reports can be emailed to others outside of SmarterTrack, the format for the reports needs to be taken into account for that emailed report.
Report items can be grouped and filtered to create custom reports. With summary, trend, and custom reporting, SmarterTrack provides managers with the information they need to make educated business decisions. Note: Report availability may vary by role and/or permissions.
Summary and Trend Reports
SmarterTrack includes more than 70 predefined summary and trend reports:
- Summary reports can be used to evaluate performance of individual products, departments, or agents over days, weeks, or months. Summary report data is most often represented using a bar graph. For example, a manager would use a summary report to determine which agent had the heaviest ticket workload during a particular month.
- Trend reports can be used to detect performance trends over time. Trend report data is most often represented using a line graph. For example, a support manager would use a summary report to determine which business days yielded the most support requests during the first quarter.
Once a survey is made available, managers, administrators and agents are able to view the results of the surveys once end users start filling them out. Results are grouped by brand, by survey or by agent. Clicking on each will display any options availalble.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.