All incoming and outgoing SmarterTrack messages are processed through the spool. If your email server is down, messages in the spool will retry at regular intervals until it comes back up. Administrators can manage incoming and outgoing messages in the spool, retry failed messages, delete failed messages or view the raw content of any message.
To manage the spool, log into the management interface as an adminstrator. Then click on the Settings icon. In the Tools area of the navigation pane, click on Spool. The spool contents will load in the content pane. Two tabs are available for toggling between the Outgoing spool and Incoming spool. The outgoing spool is for messages sent from SmarterTrack. The incoming spool is for messages imported into by SmarterTrack.
The following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- Raw Content - Allows an administrator to view the raw content of the selected message, including the message header. Double-clicking on a spool item also displays the raw content of the message.
- Select All - Selects all messages in the spool.
- Retry - Retries the failed message(s).
- View - Allows the administrator to set the sort order for messages in the spool.
- Delete - Permanently deletes the message(s) from the system.
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.