SmarterTrack's task management feature provides agents with an easy method to track
business tasks and complete them on time. In some cases, an agent's tasks will need to occur on a regular basis. For example, a human resources employee might schedule a biweekly task to complete payroll, while a supervisor might schedule a monthly review of his department's ticket workload. In these types of cases, a recurring task can be scheduled. When the task comes due (either at its start date or scheduled recurrence), a new task will be created with the details configured in the Task Scheduler.
Note: Scheduled tasks will continue to be created at their scheduled recurrence regardless of the status of previously created tasks. This means that if the tasks are not managed or marked as Completed, duplicate tasks will be available when viewing the tasks In Progress, Approved, etc.
To access the Task Scheduler, log into the SmarterTrack management interface with an agent account. Then click on the Tasks icon. In the navigation pane, click on Task Scheduler. When you create a new recurring task or edit an existing one, the Task Scheduler will load in a new window, and the following tabs will be available:
- Subject - The title of the task.
- Agent - The agent that should be assigned the recurring task.
- Status - Select the status of the task that will be created. Generally, an agent will want to
mark a new task as In Progress. For more information on tasks status, see the Tasks Overview.
- Priority - Select the priority level of the task that will be created. By default, tasks are set
to normal priority.
- First Occurrence - The date and time the agent should start the first occurence of the recurring task.
- Original Estimate - When a task is created, the agent can add an estimated time it will take to complete the task in minutes, hours, days or weeks.
- Remaining Estimate - Adjusting the remaining estimate gives managers a better understanding of how much time is still needed to complete the task.
On this tab, you can type in any description or notes, status updates, records of discussions, ideas, thoughts and more regarding the task.
On this tab, you can set the frequency for how often the task needs to repeat. The recurrence feature is very flexible and can be as simple or as complex as necessary. Select whether the task should recur hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. Then choose how often the task occurs. For example, if the task should occur every week, choose "Weekly" and leave the recurrence at "Every 1 week(s)." If the task should occur every third Monday, you would set the recurrence at "Every 3 week(s)," and select Monday from the list of days.
Deleting Scheduled Tasks
To stop a task from reguluarly recurring, delete the task entry from within the Task Scheduler. Note that deleting a task under your own task status or global tasks will delete that single task instance. If the entry is not removed from the Task Scheduler, a new task will be created at the next scheduled recurrence.
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.