Creating News Items
To create a new news item article, click New in the Navigator and then select News Item from the dropdown. A new news item window will open that the agent will use to create the article.
The following fields will appear in the news item compose tab:
- Title - Type the title of the news item in this field.
- Date - The date the news item was created.
- Summary - Type a brief summary of the news item in this field. This summary text is automatically used to generate an SEO meta description tag for the article. This tag is an HTML attribute that provides a concise summary of the web page. These descriptions commonly appear underneath the blue clickable links in a search engine results page (SERP). Note: While there is a 256 character limit to news item summaries, we recommend keeping the summary under 160 characters, as search engines generally truncate snippets longer than 160 characters.
- Flags - To specify the status of the news item, select the appropriate checkbox(es). For more information, see News Overview
- WYSIWYG Editor - The what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editor where the article is created.
Type the text of the news item in the large editing box below the news item header. Agents can change the formatting using the WYSIWYG editor.
In addition to the Compose tab, the following tabs are available in the new article window:
- Language - To specify the language, select the appropriate language from the list.
- Brands - To specify which brands the news item applies to, select the appropriate checkboxes.
Existing news items also offer a Statistics tab. The statistics tab displays the number of unique views and hits a news item receives. These statistics can be useful for determining the effectiveness and reach of news items. If news items don't appear to receive many views it may be an indication that more attention needs to be paid to the news features or to the portal itself to ensure customers and end users know about them.
Note: Canonical tags are auto-generated for each News Item to help boost SEO strategies.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.