On occasion, an agent may need to transfer a ticket to another agent or group. There
are various reasons why a ticket may be transferred. For example, a level 1 tech
support agent may need to escalate the ticket to a more experienced level 2 agent
for resolution. Another example is an incorrectly categorized ticket, such as a
support ticket that was incorrectly submitted as a sales ticket may need to be
rerouted to the correct department. Note: The ability to transfer tickets is determined
by the role permissions. By default, agents can transfer tickets. For more information,
To transfer a ticket, select the ticket and click the Actions menu in the
content pane toolbar and click Transfer. Alternatively, you can click Transfer
in the preview pane toolbar if you are viewing the ticket in the preview pane. This
will open a pop-up window with the following fields:
- Instance - Select the SmarterTrack installation to which the ticket should
transfer from the list. Note: This field is only available if the administrator has
enabled cross-installation ticket transferring in
- New Brand - The primary brand the ticket should be transferred to.
- New Group - Select the group to which the ticket should transfer from the
- New Agent - Select the agent to which the ticket should transfer from the
list. If the ticket does not need to transfer to a specific agent, choose the auto-assign
option and the ticket will be assigned to an agent within the specified group based
on the distribution method set by the administrator.
- New Priority - Select the priority of the ticket. Generally, an agent will not change the ticket priority.
- New Status - Select the status of the ticket. Generally, an agent will want
to mark a transferred ticket as active.
- Pin Ticket - Check this box to pin the ticket to the agent receiving the
ticket. For more information on pinning tickets, see Tickets
- Transfer Comment - Type any important information or comments regarding the
transfer into this field. Generally, transfer notes describe actions taken and/or
the reason the ticket was transferred.
Click OK to transfer the ticket. Note: When a ticket is transferred, idle
time is not reset for the new agent. However, agent response time IS reset. Therefore, the new agent's initial response time if calculated based off of when they received the transfer.
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.