Searching Call Logs
As time passes, finding a specific call log can become increasingly difficult. Fortunately, SmarterTrack's search tool allows agents to find call logs quickly and easily.
To perform a basic search, type the search criteria in the search bar located near the top of the content pane. Then click the magnifying glass or press Enter on your keyboard. SmarterTrack will automatically search the call log section you are viewing (e.g., Icoming call logs for an agent) for matches and display the results in the content pane. Note: The basic search functionality uses the Search String field for rendering results.
Agents can set more specific search parameters by using the advanced search function to search for a call log. To perform an advanced search, click Advanced Search in the navigation pane. The search options will load in the content pane.
Advanced searches use the "and" modifier for combining phrases and fields to construct the search. Search results are displayed based on the overall weight of the results returned.
The following fields are available:
- Search In - This dropdown allows you to select either all call logs EXCEPT deleted ones or to only search in deleted call logs.
- Call Log Number To search by call log number, type the call log number in this field.
- Search String - Type the specific keywords to be queried. The subject and description sections of call logs will be searched for these keywords.
- Phone Number - To search by phone number, type the phone number in this field.
- Email Address - To search by email, type the email address in this field.
- Date Range - To specify the length of time the search encompasses, enter the start and due dates in these fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate dates.
- Creation Date - To search by the date the task was created, enter the creation date in the fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate dates.
- Last Modified Date - To search by the date the task was last edited, enter the modified date in the fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate dates.
- Department - To search by department, select the appropriate department from the list.
- Agent - To search by agent, select the appropriate agent from the list.
- Sort Results - To specify the order in which results are displayed, select the appropriate option from the list.
- Max Results - To specify the maximum number of search results displayed, select the appropriate number of results from the list.
Note: To make searching faster, try limiting the date range or avoiding searches on body text.
The administrator can create an unlimited number of custom fields, which can be used to further refine search criteria by complementing the General Critera selected. For help with custom fields, consult your administrator.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.