Creating New Knowledge Base Articles
To create a new knowledge base article, select New in the Navigator and select Knowledge Base Article. When you do, a pop-up window will open that the agent will use to create the article.
The new article window contains a tab to compose the article, a tab to set the article language, and a tab to assign the article to one or more brands.
This is where you actually create the article. The Compose tab includes a what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editor that will allow you to create stylish, HTML-formatted articles. This includes the ability to:
- Add links to internal and/or external Web pages
- Embed media content - either from your site or from sites like YouTube
- Stylize text and fonts, including bolding text, italicizing, etc.
- Create numbered and/or bulleted lists
- Hightlight important sections with background colors
- Much more...
The following fields will appear on the Compose tab for any new article:
- Title - Type the title of the article in this field. This will also act as the link to the article, so a good idea is to use a keyword-rich title for your articles so that your article URLs are SEO-friendly.
- Summary - Type a brief summary of the article in this field. This summary text is automatically used to generate an SEO meta description tag for the article. This tag is an HTML attribute that provides a concise summary of the web page. These descriptions commonly appear underneath the blue clickable links in a search engine results page (SERP). Note: While there is a 256 character limit to article summaries, we recommend keeping the summary under 160 characters, as search engines generally truncate snippets longer than 160 characters.
- Folder - To specify the folder in which this article should appear, select the appropriate folder from the list.
- Assign To - To select an agent who will be responsible for the article, select the agent from the list.
- Flags - Flag the article as private, draft, for review or featured on portal.
- Private - Marks the article as private. Private articles are only visible
to administrators and managers/agents and are great for internal guidelines, policies, troubleshooting steps or any other information needed by agents and managers.
- Draft - Marks the article as a draft. Drafts are only visible to administrators
and agents. Draft articles are those that are essentially finished but are still awaiting review and/or revision prior to making them public or private.
- Review - Flags the article for review. Agents typically flag an article
for review when they want the article edited for content, clarity, or grammatical
- Featured on Portal - This flag will highlight an article so that it appears listed under the folder name on the Knowledge Base main page.
- WYSIWYG Editor - The what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editor where the article is created.
Brands / Languages Tabs
Both the Brands and Languages tabs allow you to set the brand(s) the article is associated to, as well as the language(s) available. Regardless of whether there is 1 brand/language or 10, each are listed and can be activated simply by using the checkbox next to each option.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.