Searching Knowledge Base Articles
There are two methods an agent can use to search for an article: basic search or
advanced search. Both KB search methods support using "+keyword" to only show articles
containing that keyword or "-keyword" to exclude articles containing that keyword.
To perform a basic search, type the search criteria in the search bar located near
the top of the content pane. Then click the magnifying glass or press Enter on your
keyboard. SmarterTrack will automatically search the knowledge base section you
are viewing (i.e. a specific folder, status, etc.) for matches and display the results
in the content pane.
Employees can set more specific search parameters by using the advanced search function
to search for an article. To perform an advanced search, click the knowledge base
icon. Then click Advanced Search in the navigation pane.
Advanced searches use the "and" modifier for combining phrases and fields to construct
the search. Search results are displayed based on the overall weight of the results
The following fields are available:
- Search String - Type the specific keywords to be queried.
- Folder - To search by folder, select the appropriate folder from the list.
- Brand Name - To search by brand, select the appropriate brand from the list.
- Flags - To search by article status (drafts, private, etc.), select
the appropriate status from the list.
- Creation Date - To search by article creation date, enter the start and end
dates in these fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate dates.
- Date Modified - To search by a date range during which articles were
edited, enter the start and end dates in these fields or click the calendars and
select the appropriate dates.
- Last Review Date - To search by review date, enter the start and end dates
in these fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate dates.
- Max Results - To specify the maximum number of search results displayed,
select the appropriate number of results from the list.
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.