The news section gives organizations the ability to post important notices to portal
visitors, such as company news, current promotions and sales, or information on
upcoming events. For example, a realty agency may use news items to highlight new
or featured properties or an educational institution may use news items to give
parents updates about school policies, parent/teacher conferences, holidays, and
other important events.
To access news items, log into SmarterTrack as an agent and click on the News icon. All of the news items in the system
will load in the content pane.
In general, the following columns are available in the content pane:
- Title - The title of the news item.
- Date - The date and time the news item was created.
- Language - The language for the news item.
- Flags - The status of the news item (private, public, draft, etc.).
Performing News Actions
In general, the following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- New - Creates a new news item.
- Actions - Click this button and select the appropriate option to select all
news items change the status of news items.
- Select All - Selects all news items in the content pane.
- Mark - Click this button and select the appropriate option to change the
status of the selected news item(s).
- Public - Marks the news item as public. Public news items are visible to
- Private - Marks the news item as private. Private news items are only visible
to administrators and agents.
- Draft - Marks the news item as a draft. Drafts are only visible to administrators
- Reviewed - Marks the news item as reviewed. Agents typically use this option
to indicate that a news item has been reviewed/modified after another agent has
flagged it for review.
- Review - Flags the news item for review. Agents typically flag a news
item for review when they want it edited for content, clarity, or grammatical errors.
- Rescan for Broken Links - Scans all news items to check for broken internal and external links.
- View - Click this button and select the appropriate option to refresh the
page or choose the details that are displayed in the content pane.
- Visible Fields - Choose which columns are displayed in the navigation pane.
It is also possible to modify default widths for each column to help them fit specific
- Delete - Deletes the selected news items. For more information, see Deleting News Items.
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.