The news section gives organizations the ability to post important notices to portal visitors, such as company news, current promotions and sales, or information on upcoming events. For example, a realty agency may use news items to highlight new or featured properties or an educational institution may use news items to give parents updates about school policies, parent/teacher conferences, holidays, and other important events.
To access news items, log into SmarterTrack as an agent and select News from the Navigator. All of the news items in the system will load in the content pane.
In general, the following lines are available in the content pane:
- Title - The title of the news item.
- Date - The date and time the news item was created.
- Language - The language for the news item.
- Flags - The status of the news item (private, public, draft, etc.).
Performing News Actions
In general, the following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- Search - Allows you to perform a basic search on the the items listed in the content pane.
- Sort - Sorts the list of items in ascending or descending order based on the selected option, such as subject, status, etc. Clicking on Reset Sort Order will return the sort order to its default status.
- Actions - Click this button and select the appropriate option to select all news items change the status of news items.
- Select All - Selects all news items in the content pane.
- Mark - Click this button and select the appropriate option to change the status of the selected news item(s).
- Public - Marks the news item as public. Public news items are visible to everyone.
- Private - Marks the news item as private. Private news items are only visible to administrators and agents.
- Draft - Marks the news item as a draft. Drafts are only visible to administrators and agents.
- Reviewed - Marks the news item as reviewed. Agents typically use this option to indicate that a news item has been reviewed/modified after another agent has flagged it for review.
- Review - Flags the news item for review. Agents typically flag a news item for review when they want it edited for content, clarity, or grammatical errors.
- Rescan for Broken Links - Scans all news items to check for broken internal and external links.
- Delete - Deletes the selected news items. For more information, see Deleting News Items.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.