Viewing News Items
To view a news item, simply click a news item and it will display in the preview
pane. If you would rather view the news item in a popup window, double-click the
news item instead. Note: Double-clicking a news item also enables you to edit the
The new news item window contains a tab to compose the reply, a tab to set options such as the default language to use and the brand the news item should display for, a broken links tab that will display any broken links in the news item, a translations tab that can be used to link the news item to the same item in a different language, a statistics tab and a history tab.
In general, the following options are available from the preview pane toolbar:
- Edit - Edits the selected news item.
- View in Portal - Loads the selected news item in the portal. Viewing the
news item in the portal allows agents to see the layout of the news iem as portal
visitors will see it.
- Delete - Deletes the selected news item. For more information, see Deleting News Items.
Tabs within a News Item
News item information is organized within the following tabs:
- Compose - The text of the news item. Agents and managers can edit news items from this tab.
- Options - This tab highlights the default language for the news item as well as the brand portal where the news item should appear.
- Broken Links - SmarterTrack scans articles for any broken internal or external links. This lists all articles that contain broken links. These should be fixed prior to the news item going live.
- Translations - If there is a complementary news item that was translated to a different language, it will be displayed on this tab.
- Statistics - Displays the number of unique views and hits a news item receives.
- History - Information about the news item, including its creation date, any modification dates and more.
Viewing News Items by Flag
Occasionally, agents and administrators may want to view all news items that are
marked as drafts or that need reviewed. To view news items by status, click the
news icon, expand By Flag in the navigation pane and select the desired
status. All news items with the selected status will load in the content pane.
Viewing News Items by Broken Links
Occasionally, agents and administrators may want to view all news items that contain broken internal or external links. To view news items that contain broken links, click the
news icon and click Broken Links in the navigation pane. All news items with the selected status will load in the content pane.
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.