Viewing News Items
To view a news item, simply click a news item in the content pane and it will display in the preview pane. If you would rather view the news item in a popup window, double-click the news item instead.
The new news item window contains a tab to compose the reply, a tab to set options such as the default language to use and the brand the news item should display for, a broken links tab that will display any broken links in the news item, a translations tab that can be used to link the news item to the same item in a different language, a statistics tab and a history tab.
In general, the following options are available from the preview pane toolbar:
- Edit - Edits the selected news item.
- Clone - Creates a duplicate of the news item with the same Brand and Language settings pre-configured.
- View in Portal - Loads the selected news item in the portal. Viewing the news item in the portal allows agents to see the layout of the news iem as portal visitors will see it.
- Delete - Deletes the selected news item. For more information, see Deleting News Items.
Tabs within a News Item
News item information is organized within the following tabs:
- Compose - The text of the news item. Agents and managers can edit news items from this tab.
- Brands - This tab highlights brand portal where the news item should appear.
- Language - This tab highlights the language optiosn availble for the news item.
- Statistics - Displays the number of unique views and hits a news item receives.
Viewing News Items by Flag
Occasionally, agents and administrators may want to view all news items that are marked as drafts or that need reviewed. To view news items by status, simply select the desired status from the content pane. All news items with the selected status will load in the content pane.
Viewing News Items by Broken Links
Occasionally, agents and administrators may want to view all news items that contain broken internal or external links. By default, SmarterTrack automatically and periodicially scans news items to ensure that any URLs are still valid. To view news items that contain broken links, simply select Broken Links in the navigation pane. All news items with the selected status will load in the content pane.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.