Creating New Events
To add a new event as an agent, select Settings in the Navigator, then click My Events in the navigation pane. Click the New in the content pane toolbar.
To add a new event as a system administrator, select Settings in the Navigator, then click Events in the navigation pane. Click New in the content pane toolbar. Note: Only administrators can add
This will open a new event window with the following fields:
- Name - The friendly name of the event.
- Category - The feature to which the event pertains (Tickets, Survey, Who's On, etc.)
- Type - The type of action that will cause the event to fire. The types seen are based on the Category chosen.
After completing the fields in the new event window, the following tabs will load in the content pane:
Use this tab to further customize the event as needed. Depending on the event category and type selected, different event condition criteria will be available. For more information on the various event action criterions,
see the corresponding event category page in the navigation pane of this help document. In general, the following settings are available:
- Name - The name of the event. Note: The Enabled checkbox must be marked in order for this event to trigger. Use this setting to temporarily disable events.
- Event Type - The event that triggers the action.
Use this tab to determine the action that should be triggered when the event occurs. For new events, click Add Action in the content pane toolbar. Depending on the event category and type selected, different action options will be available. Furthermore, for each action chosen, there will be various settings for further configuration. For more information on the various event actions, see the corresponding event category page in the navigation pane of this help document. In general, the following settings are available:
- Action - The action that occurs when an event is triggered.
- Maximum Frequency - To specify how frequently the action is performed, select the appropriate option from the list. For example, if you set a maximum frequency of 15 minutes for an event that means the event will only fire once in that 15 minute period regardless of how many times the event conditions are met.
Manual events allow agents and managers to add multiple actions to a single event, then trigger the event whenever they want versus waiting for the system to execute them automatically. For example, agents may want to transfer a ticket to another department, send a canned reply to the customer, adjust the custom fields in preparation to track the ticket, and SMS the agent that will receive the transferred ticket. Instead of the agent having to perform all of these actions separately, manual events can make all this happen with just one click.
To create a manual event, after clicking the New button on the events page, naming your event and selecting its category, choose "Manual XX Event" as the Event Type, where "XX" is the category name. (E.g., Manual Call Log Event.) You then set your Conditions and Actions accordingly.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.