Administrators and agents can receive notifications or automate actions based on the following Community event:
- New Community Thread Created
- New Reported Abuse
Depending on the event selected, the following event criteria are available:
- Name - The friendly name for the event. Note: The Enabled checkbox must be marked in order for this event to trigger. Use this setting to
temporarily disable events.
- Event Type - The event that triggers the action.
- Time of Day - The time frame during which the event occurs.
- Day of Week - The day(s) of the week during which the event occurs.
- Thread Type - The Type of thread that triggers the event.
- Display Name - The display name of the user that triggers the event.
- User’s Email - The email address of the user that triggers the event.
- Type - The activity in the thread that triggers the event.
- Type of Abuse - The type of abuse in the thread that triggers the event.
- Reported By - The reporter’s display name that triggers the event. Note: If the user’s display name is not set this will revert to the username.
- Email of Reporter - The email address for the reporter that triggers the event.
Depending on the event selected, the following actions are available:
- Call Web Page - Calls a web page that you specify, and that page can execute specific actions, queries or other methods based on whatever is coded on the page. For example, calling a web page that then initiates adding a task to a third-party task management application.
- Log to File - Logs an action to a text file. This occurs once based on the max frequency set, regardless of how many times the event is fired.
- Notify Events External Provider - Calls an external provider that is created by the customer. For more information, see External Providers.
- Send Email - Sends an email to a set of recipients. This occurs once based on the max frequency set, regardless of how many times the event is fired.
- Subscribe to Thread - Subscribes you to any thread based on the Conditions set. This setting works in conjunction with the "Email summaries of subscribed community posts" setting available in My Preferences. (Which is on the Portal Settings tab.) If this setting is enabled, and this event action is used, you will receive email summaries for any thread that's subscribed to as a result of the event.
- Use My Notification Profile - Uses any custom email addresses and/or SMS addresses that are used as part of a personal Notification Profile. This occurs once based on the max frequency set, regardless of how many times the event is fired.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.