This feature is only available to administrators using SmarterTrack Enterprise with
Administrators can prevent costly downtime by installing a second server that is
always connected to the SmarterTrack database in standby mode. In the event that
the primary server fails, the secondary server will operate as a backup so your
help desk remains online. For more information on Failover, including complete configuration instructions, please see SmarterTrack Failover Functionality.
To view the failover settings within SmarterTrack, log into the management interface with an administrator account. Then click on the Settings icon. In the Configuration area of the navigation pane, click on Failover. The
failover servers will load in the content pane.
The following columns are available:
- Checkbox - Use these boxes to select multiple servers. Servers must be selected
before choosing an action from the toolbar.
- Server Name - The computer name of the server the license key was activated
- File Path - The location of the app_data folder in which the configuration
file is stored.
- Last Heartbeat - The date and time the SmarterTrack database last communicated
to the server.
- Processes - The number of times the license key has been installed on the
- Status - The status of the server.
- Primary - The default server that SmarterTrack uses.
- Disabled - The server is not set up to operate as a backup in the event the
primary server fails.
- Active - The server actively communicating with the SmarterTrack database.
- Passive - The server that will act as a backup in the event the primary server
- Unavailable - The server is not communicating with the SmarterTrack database.
- Mode - The edition of the SmarterTrack installation on the server.
The following options are available in the content pane toolbar:
- Enable - Allows the selected server to operate as a backup in the event the
primary server fails.
- Disable - Prevents the selected server to operate as a backup in the event
the primary server fails.
- Set Active - Changes the status of the selected server to active.
- Delete - Permanently deletes the selected server(s) as a potential failover
- Refresh - Refreshes the content pane.
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.