SmarterTrack's task management feature provides agents with an easy method to track
business tasks and complete them on time. Agents can create new tasks to organize their time, assign tasks to other agents and schedule tasks that regularly take place. Because tasks are often associated to
a customer service or sales issue, SmarterTrack also allows agents to create new tasks directly from any ticket, live chat, and call log in the system. These tasks are added as a Related Item on the corresponding ticket, live chat or call log and can also be reviewed in the Tasks section. This ensures agents can have all the information necessary to complete their tasks in one convenient
location and better track the communications related to those tasks.
To access your tasks, log into the management interface with an agent account. Then click on the Tasks icon. you can view your tasks based on their status. To do so, select the appropriate status in the navigation pane. Agents who are also assigned the Manager role can review tasks assigned to other agents in the global tasks section of the navigation pane.
Navigating SmarterTrack's Tasks Interface
Agent Tasks vs. Global Tasks
For agents, tasks are stored by their current status. Clicking on a status displays all of the tasks with that status in the content pane. Agents can click on a task and review its details in the preview pane or open a task in a new pop-up window by double clicking on it.
Based on their role permissions, administrators and managers have the ablity to review all tasks in SmarterTrack, either by status or by agent. In the global
tasks section of the navigation pane, clicking on a status displays all tasks with that status in the content pane, regardless of the agent it's assigned to. Expanding the By Agent tree menu displays all agents the administrator and/or manager has permission to view, and each agent has task status categories listed for review.
Regardless of whether you're accessing your own tasks or global tasks, all tasks in the system will load
in the content pane when you open the respective task status. In general, the following details will be available:
- Subject - An agent-generated phrase that usually describes the task. Very
long subject phrases are truncated.
- Owner - Indicates the owner of the task, either a specific agent or a releated
item. (E.g., a ticket, live chat or call log)
- Start Date - The date and time the agent should begin the task.
- Due Date - The date and time the agent should complete the task by.
Use the Sort button in the content pane toolbar to sort the list of tasks in either ascending
or descending order. Final sort order uses the task's due date as the deciding factor.
For example, 10 tasks with the same owner will sort from the closest due date to
the furthest when sorting the Owner column in either ascending or
descending order. In terms of sorting by Status, tasks sort from left to
right, meaning they sort by status then the task's priority (or vice versa, depening
on an ascending or descending sort order). Even in this scenario, however, due date
is the last item used to determine the eventual sort order.
Performing Task Actions
In general, the following actions are available from the content pane toolbar:
- New - Creates a new task.
- Actions - Click this button and select the appropriate option to transfer
tasks, select all tasks, or to change the status or priority of tasks.
- Select All - Selects all of the tasks in the content pane.
- Delete - Deletes the selected task(s). For more information, see
- Transfer - Transfers the selected task(s) to another group or agent. For
more information, see Transferring Tasks.
- Status - To change the status of a task, select the appropriate option from
- Under Consideration - This is a task that has not been finalized or that is still in discussion.
- Approved - This is a task that is finalized but has not been started yet. Therefore, it's been approved by management and is ready
to be worked on. (I.e., moved into In Progress)
- In Progress - This task is actively being worked on by an agent.
- On Hold - This is a task that is active, but may require follow-up or
further action before it can contine to be worked on or marked with another status.
- In Review - This task is inactive, but it needs to be reviewed by upper management or go through some other review process
before it can be marked as Completed or put back to In Progress for further action.
- Completed - This is a task that was successfully completed and closed.
- Rejected - This is a task that was rejected by management.
- Priority - To change the priority level of a task, select the appropriate
option from the list.
- Low - The selected tasks have a low priority and will be sorted toward the
bottom of the lists.
- Normal - The selected tasks have a normal or unspecified priority level.
- High - The selected tasks are a high priority and will be sorted toward the
top of the lists.
- Urgent - The selected tasks are very important and will show at the top of
- Sort - Sorts the list of Tasks in ascending or descending order based on the selected option, such as subject, start date, end date, owner, etc. Clicking on Reset Sort Order will return the sort order to its default status.
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.