As time passes, finding a specific task can become increasingly difficult. Fortunately, SmarterTrack's search tool allows employees to find tasks quickly and easily.
To perform a basic search, type the search criteria in the search bar located near the top of the content pane. Then click the magnifying glass or press Enter on your keyboard. SmarterTrack will automatically search the task section you are viewing (i.e. Approved, In Progress, Closed, etc.) for matches and display the results in the content pane.
Employees can set more specific search parameters by using the advanced search function to search for a call log. To perform an advanced search, click Advanced Search in the navigation pane. The search options will load in the content pane.
Advanced searches use the "and" modifier for combining phrases and fields to construct the search. Search results are displayed based on the overall weight of the results returned.
The following fields are available:
- Search String - Type the specific keywords to be queried. Then use the dropdown to select whether to search for this text in the subject and description sections of tasks, tasks subjects alone or comments on tasks alone.
- Related Item - To search by related item, type the number of the associated live chat, ticket, or call log.
- Agent - To search by agent, select the appropriate agent from the list.
- Priority - To search by priority level, select the appropriate priority level from the list.
- Status - To search by task status, select the appropriate status from the list.
- Items to Include - This dropdown allows you to select either all tasks EXCEPT deleted ones or to only search in deleted tasks.
- Start Date - To search by the date the task was started, enter the start date in the fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate dates.
- Due Date - To search by the date the task was due, enter the due date in the fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate dates.
- Creation Date - To search by the date the task was created, enter the creation date in the fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate dates.
- Last Modified Date - To search by the last modified date, enter the date in the fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate dates.
- Max Results - To specify the maximum number of search results displayed, select the appropriate number of results from the list.
Note: To make searching faster, try limiting the date range or avoiding searches on body text.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.