As time passes, finding a specific ticket can become increasingly difficult. Fortunately, SmarterTrack's search tool allows employees to find tickets quickly and easily.
To perform a basic search, type the search criteria in the search bar located near the top of the content pane. Then click the magnifying glass or press Enter on your keyboard. SmarterTrack will automatically search the the messages within the area of the tickets section you are viewing (i.e. active, waiting, closed, etc.) for matches and display the results in the content pane.
Employees can set more specific search parameters by using the advanced search function to search for a ticket. To perform an advanced search, click Advanced Search in the navigation pane. The search options will load in the content pane.
Advanced searches use the "and" modifier for combining phrases and fields to construct the search. Search results are displayed based on the overall weight of the results returned.
The following fields are available:
- Ticket Number - To search by ticket number, enter the ticket number in this field.
- Search String - Type the specific keywords to be queried. The body, subject, and notes sections of tickets will be searched for these keywords.
- Email Address - To search by email address, enter the email address in this field.
- Customer Username - To search by username, enter the customer's username in this field.
- Date Range - To specify the length of time the search encompasses, enter the start and end dates in these fields or click the calendars and select the appropriate
- Items to Include - This dropdown allows you to select either all ticket items EXCEPT deleted items or to only search in deleted items.
- Departments/Groups - This dropdown is organized by department and group. To search in all groups in a department, select the department name from the dropdown. To search in an individual group, select that group.
- Agent - To search by agent, select the appropriate agent from the list.
- Status - To search by ticket status, select the appropriate status from the list.
- Priority - To search by priority level, select the appropriate priority level from the list.
- Max Results - To specify the maximum number of search results displayed, select the appropriate number of results from the list.
Note: To make searching faster, limit the date range to search as much as possible. In addition, searching "Everywhere" can significantly impact how quickly results will be returned.
The administrator can create an unlimited number of custom fields to help further categorize tickets. As a result, these fields can be combined with the General Criteria and used to further refine the search criteria. For help with custom fields, consult your administrator.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.