SmarterMail comes equipped with powerful antivirus using ClamAV. ClamAV is an open-source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware, and other malicious threats. SmarterMail also can be used in conjunction with Windows Defender, Microsoft's anti-malware engine that comes standard on most Windows servers. System administrators can also integrate SmarterMail with Cyren's Zero-hour Outbreak Detection, a complementary solution that can help detect, and handle, new outbreaks well before their signatures have been added to more traditional antivirus products. System administrators can, therefore, use this report to see how efficiently the various antivirus products in use are handling malware.
An administrator can change the dates of the report as well as the "Step", which means whether you want to see the report by hour, day, week, month or quarter. (Based on the start and end dates -- so a quarerly report would need a full 3 months selected.) Admins can change the chart type by clicking the chart icon next to the date, or even export the report as needed. Each column in the report is sortable, either ascending or descending, and the sort can change simply by clicking the column header.
The following report items are available:
- Day - The specified amount of time that the report data falls within.
- ClamAV - The total number of viruses detected and handled by ClamAV.
- Cyren Zero-hour Outbreak Detection - The total number of viruses detected and handled by Cyren, if it's in use.
- Microsoft Defender - The total number of viruses detected and handled by Windows Defender, if it's in use.
- Viruses Caught - The total number of viruses caught by all antivirus products in use.
It's also possible to export this data in CSV format for use in other applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers, etc. To do this, simply click the page icon in the upper right hand corner of the reports page. Once clicked, you'll be able to save the data and name the file to whatever you want.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.