The Event system in SmarterMail is an incredibly powerful and flexible tool that allows users to automatically perform actions based on specific criteria and remain up-to-date with what is going on with the SmarterMail server. SmarterMail can detect events as they occur, generate messages for those events, and deliver the messages to users that need the information. For example, users can automatically add an additional recipient on messages they send or receive notifications when a task is due or their user disk space has met a certain threshold.
To create or view your account events, log into SmarterMail and use the Menu icon to navigate to the Settings section. Then click on Events in the navigation pane. To create a new event, click New. The following options will be available:
- Event Name - The friendly name of the event.
- Event Status - New events default to a status of Enabled. However, to temporarily stop an event from triggering, you can change the status to Disabled.
- Event Category - The feature to which the event pertains: Email, User or Collaboration.
- Event Type - The occurence that triggers the event. Each category has several specific event types that can trigger the action.
- User - The user that the event applies to.
Event Categories and Types
Below is a list of the Event Categories, and the Event Types that are available for each, for User Events:
- Message Received
- Message Sent
- Calendar Reminder Occurred
- Task Reminder Occurred
Each event type has its own corresponding conditions. The global conditions that are seen across all event types are listed below. Multiple Conditions can be used when creating a given Event. Conditions are checked in order, from top to bottom, before the Action(s) is/are performed.
- Time of Day - The time frame during which the event occurs.
- Day of Week - The day(s) of the week during which the event occurs.
Below are the Event Conditions that are available and their respective Conditions:
- From Address - The email address from which the email message was sent.
- From Domain - The domain from which the email message was sent.
- To Address - The email address the email message is being sent to.
- To Domain - The domain to which the email message is being sent.
- Subject - The words that will trigger the event if found within the subject of the message.
- Size (KB) - The message size in KB that will trigger the event.
- Intra Domain - Select this option to trigger the event when an email is sent/received from within the domain.
- Spam Level - The spam level of the message -- usually Low, Medium or High.
- Messages an Hour - The total number of email sent in an hour.
- Domain - The domain on which the event occurs.
- Full Name - The full name of the person that will trigger the event.
- Mailbox Usage (%) - The percentage of mailbox space utilization that will trigger the event.
- Mailbox Usage (MB) - The mailbox space utilization in MB that will trigger the event.
- Username - The username that wil trigger the event.
- Subject - The words that will trigger the event if found within the appointment or task subject.
- Location - The appointment location that will trigger the event.
- Description - The words that will trigger the event if found within the appointment or task description.
- Email Address - The email address that will trigger the event.
- Priority - The Priority level assigned to a Task.
- Percent Complete - The percentage complete the Task is.
- Status - The Task's status.
Each event type has its own corresponding actions. The global actions that are seen across all event types are listed below. Multiple Actions can be assigned to a given Event. Actions are performed in order, from top to bottom.
- Show a notification - This option will display a notification to the Notifications window. It can also send a popup browser notification.
- Send an email - This option will send an email to the specified address.
- Add Recipient - Adds a recipient to the message. (For Email Event Category Only)
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.