Bandwidth and email throttling allow system administrators to limit the quantity of data that a SmarterMail mail server transmits within a specified period of time. This limit can be set by the amount of outgoing bandwidth used or the number of outgoing emails sent.
The Throttled Users tab displays a list of any user who has violated any throttling rules created on the server.
Note: User throttling rules can be configured on the User Defaults template in the Manage > Domains section. This configuration can be further managed by domain administrators on a per user basis.
The following details can be seen for each entry in the list:
- User - The email address of the user currently being throttled.
- Mailing List - This acts as an indicator to specify whether the 'user' being throttled is a mailing list address. Note: Mailing list throttling is managed by domain administrators on a per mailing list basis.
- Domain - The domain of the user that is currently being throttled.
- Reason - The type of action that triggered the throttle: Messages Out or Bandwidth Out.
- Date - The date and time the user triggered the throttling action.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.