Bandwidth and email throttling allow System Administrators to limit the quantity of data that a SmarterMail mail server transmits within a specified period of time. This limit can be set by the amount of outgoing bandwidth used or the number of outgoing emails sent.
To view the users on the server who are currently being throttled, log into SmarterMail as a System Administrator and click on the Manage icon. Click on Spool in the navigation panel, then click on the Throttled Users tab.
Note: User throttling rules can be configured on the User Defaults template in the Manage > Domains section. This configuration can be further managed by Domain Administrators on a per user basis.
The following details can be seen for each entry in the list:
- User - The email address of the user account currently being throttled.
- Mailing List - This acts as an indicator to specify whether the 'user' being throttled is a mailing list address. Note: Mailing list throttling is managed by Domain Administrators on a per mailing list basis.
- Domain - The domain of the user that is currently being throttled.
- Reason - The type of action that triggered the throttle: Messages Out or Bandwidth Out.
- Date - The date and time the user triggered the throttling action.
(c) 2002-2022 SmarterTools Inc.