Changing the System Administrator Login
SmarterMail for the first time, you will be required to create a System Admininstrator password during
the setup wizard. However, there may be times when you need or want to change this. Here's how to do this.
- Login as the administrator with the current login.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Choose System Administrators in the navigation pane.
- Click on the Options tab and double-click on the Primary Administrator or right-click and choose Edit.
- Enter the current password for verification.
- Enter a new and password (If changing the username as well, avoid using an email address for the username).
- Click on Save.
Resetting an Unknown Login
For instructions on how to reset an administrator login when the current login is
unknown, please see the KB article How To Reset an Administrator Username and Password.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.