System administrators can use this section to assign protocols to ports that can then be assigned
to IP Addresses. In addition, this section is used to add Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport
Layer Security (TLS) rules to any ports and protocols.
To access the port settings, click the Settings icon. Then click on Bindings and Ports. A list of ports will load and the following actions can be taken:
- New - Creates a new port.
- Edit - Edit an entry by clicking on the card.
- Delete - To Delete an existing port, click on the caret (∨) shown in the upper right corner of the card and click Delete. To delete multiple entries at once, click on the Select button to open the multi-select tool.
Creating New Ports
When adding a new port there are several fields that need to be completed. These
- Name - The friendly name for the port.
- Description - A simple description of the port and/or the port name.
- Protocol - The type of communications protocol that should be used (IMAP, LDAP, POP, SMTP, XMPP, or Submission Port).
- Port - The port number on which to listen for the selected protocol.
- Encryption - If the port requires SSL or TLS encryption, check the appropriate
option. SSL always assumes the connection will be secure and sends
the encryption immediately. TLS connects normally and then looks to see if the connection
is secure before sending the encryption.
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.