This settings page is only available to Domain Administrators, Mailing List Administrators and System Admininstrators with the proper permissions.
Mailing Lists are a great way to allow users to communicate with a number of different individuals via a single email address. For a complete understanding of how mailing lists work, please see Mailing Lists Overview.
Administrators can customize the system messages used for mailing lists. Some system messages, such as headers and footers, are viewable by list subscribers. Other messages are only viewable when emailing listserv commands to the mailing list username. For more information, please see Listserv Commands.
Note: Variables can be used in the footer, header and subscribe system messages. For more information on variables, see Mailing Lists Overview.
To edit a particular message, simply click on it from the list. When you do, a modal opens that will allow you to fully customize the message, as well as how that message is presented using a complete HTML editor. Once you've made your changes, be sure to save them.
- Command help email -- LISTSERV COMMAND ONLY. This is the default message that is returned when a listserv command is sent to the mailing list username but the command is not recognized. By default it returns information on how to properly format commands.
- Digest footer - This is the footer that is displayed when digest emails are sent to digest list subscribers.
- Digest header - This is the header that is displayed when digest emails are sent to digets list subscribers.
- Digest separator - This is the character set (e.g., dashes) that will be used to separate messages within digest emails.
- Double op-in successful email - This message is sent to subscribers notifying them that they were successfully subscribed to the list when the double opt-in subscription model is used.
- HELP response - LISTSERV COMMAND ONLY. This can be used to return information about the list, such as its creation date, last updated date, etc. or any other information the domain or list owner wants returned.
- LIST members response - disabled - LISTSERV COMMAND ONLY. This is returned when a particular list is set to not allow a list of subscribers to be returned. That is, the LIST command is not enabled for that list.
- LIST members response - enabled - LISTSERV COMMAND ONLY. This returns a list of subscribers for a partiular list. This requires the LIST command to be set.
- LIST response - LISTSERV COMMAND ONLY. This reutrns a list of the mailing lists for a particular domain. This requires the LIST command to be set.
- Post failure - insufficient permissions - This email is sent to posters that do not have the proper permission to post to the list. For example, this is returned to list subscribers who reply to the list but only moderators are allowed to post.
- Post failure - invalid list password - When a list is password-protected, this message is returned when a person posting to the list provides the incorrect information.
- Post failure - list disabled - This message is returned when a user attempts to post to a list that is no longer active.
- Post failure - message too big - This is returned when a message posted to a list is larger than the maximum size set for messages.
- Posted message footer - This is the footer (information at the very bottom of the message) that is displayed on messages that are sent to list subscribers.
- Posted message header - This is the header (informatin at the very top of the message) that is displayed on messages that are sent to list subscribers.
- SET MODE DIGEST response - failed - LISTSERV COMMAND ONLY. This is returned when the list command that sets the disget mode for a subscriber fails.
- SET MODE DIGEST response - ok - LISTSERV COMMAND ONLY. This is returned when the list command sets the disget mode for a subscriber.
- SET MODE STANDARD response - failed - LISTSERV COMMAND ONLY. This message is returned when the list command tries to set the mode for a subscriber that is not actually subscribed to the list.
- SET MODE STANDARD response - ok - LISTSERV COMMAND ONLY. This is returned when the list command sets the standard mode (one email per list post) for a subscriber.
- SUBSCRIBE response - double opt-in required - This message is sent to subcribers to verify their subscription request when your mailing list utilized a double opt-in subscription model (recommended).
- SUBSCRIBE response - list is private - This is returned when anyone tries to subscribe to the list but the list doesn't allow for automatic subscriptions. Instead, the list owner will need to add the subscriber manually.
- SUBSCRIBE response - subscribed - This is sent to a list subscriber when they subscribe to a specific list.
- UNSUBSCRIBE response - This is sent to a user when they unsubscribe from a specific list.
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.