Linking Email to Tasks
Email conversations often result in the need to create one or more tasks. For example, an email exchange with a vendor may require updates to price sheets or shipping requirements. Perhaps an email from a significant other mentions an upcoming birthday or anniversary. Because of this, SmarterMail includes the ability to create a new task right from within an email message. This is called "linking" an email message to a task.
There are a couple of ways to add tasks to a message:
- First, you can open and view the desired message. Once the message is open, simply select Add Task from the Actions (⋮) menu.
- Another way is to select the message in the All Messages view, then right click on the message and select "Add Task" from the context menu.
Follow these steps to generate and link a task from an email message:
- Log into SmarterMail as a user and go to your Inbox, or whichever folder contains the email message you wish to link to a task.
- Select the message.
- From the Actions (⋮) dropdown menu, select Add Task.
- A new window will pop out. In it, you can create the Task by filling out the pertinent details. Once saved, the task is created and automatically assigned to the email.
- On the email itself, a new Tasks tab will appear. On that tab is a brief overview of the task that was associated to the message, including the task's title, start and due dates. Clicking on those details will pop out the task details.
Finding Messages with Linked Tasks
To quickly view all messages that are linked to tasks, simply filter messages in the folder by selecting Linked to Tasks. Filtering in this way will only display emails that have been linked to tasks.
Copyright © SmarterTools Inc. All rights reserved.