Below are the features available when viewing the Delivery Limits section of SmarterMail. To access this section, log into SmarterMail as a System Administrator and click on the Settings icon. Then click on Delivery Limits in the navigation pane. This page has three tabs, and each tab has its own settings and options. These tabs are:
Do Not Forward
The Do Not Forward list is a useful tool for preventing issues with companies that have extremely strict spam policies. For example, AOL and Comcast do not differentiate between the sending server and the server that forwarded a spam message. As such, they commonly blacklist legitimate domains for forwarding spam. Because it's impossible to prevent ALL spam messages from being forwarded when a user has automated forwarding enabled, System Administrators may prefer to completely prevent email forwarding to those strict domains.
Note: Do Not Forward only prevents the automated forwarding of email, which is configured in the user's general settings. Any messages that are manually forwarded by Users are not impacted by the Do Not Forward list.
To add a new Do Not Forward domain, click the New button. To Edit an existing domain, click on it and you can change it. To Delete an existing entry, select the entry (or multiple entries) and click Delete. When adding or editing an entry, the following option will be available:
- Domain Name - Enter the name of the domain that should be blocked from automated email forwarding. When a domain is included in this list, users will see the following notification when they attempt to save a forwarding address with that domain: "Forwards to the following address(es) are not allowed: ______." Note: Users will still be able to manually forward emails to users on that domain.
Sender Priority allows the system administrator to assign priority levels to specific email addresses. For example, a company may want the mail server to send emails from its support team (email@example.com) before sending emails to mailing lists.
To create a new sender priority override, click the New button. To
edit an existing entry, click on it. To Delete an existing entry, or multiple entries, select it and then click the Delete button. When adding or editing an entry, the following settings will
- Email Address - The email address of the user or group.
- Message Delivery Priority - The priority level assigned to this user's messages.
- Description - A brief summary why the sender priority override was created.
System Administrators can prevent certain domains names from being added to SmarterMail. For example, domains that are already used for free email services, like gmail.com or yahoo.com, are ideal additions to the reserve list as allowing administrators to add such domains to SmarterMail could affect message delivery. Similarly, domains that are traditionally reserved for testing and documentation, such as test.com or example.com are also ideal candidates for the reserve list.
To add new Do Reserved Domains, click the New button. To Edit an existing domain, click on it and you can change it. To Delete an existing entry, select the entry (or multiple entries) and click Delete. When adding or editing an entry, the following option will be available:
- Domain Name - Enter the domain name. It's also possible to add multiple domains, and each should be on its own line.
(c) 2002-2021 SmarterTools Inc.